Chicken and Dumplings Soup
Sorry, I forgot to take photos.
I filled the crock pot halfway with chicken stock.
Added 4 (raw) chicken breasts, chopped carrots, onion, celery, leeks, some herbs and spices and let it simmer for 4 hours on high.
Then, I mixed up some biscuit dough (Bisquick, or I used an awesome Trader Joe's multi grain mix) and drop spoonfuls right on top of the simmering soup. Let cook for an additional 30 minutes until the dumplings are set. Add just less than 1/4 cup of cream at the end for a richer soup - although I didn't notice much difference.
(I wanted to speed this along so I brought some chicken stock up to a boil on the stove and cooked them in there since the crock pot soup liquid never gets close to a boil, then added them to the soup)
I don't really have a specific recipe, I kind of just added what I had....but it was actually good!!
I used these both as a guide:
Oh, and Kylie helped me make some peanut butter cookies, too!
This recipe is flour-less, and I under baked them a couple minutes and let set up on the cooling cookie sheets.
They are so good!!
Old-Fashioned Peanut-Butter Cookies
Makes 18 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not the all-natural variety)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in the eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
3. Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place on baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. With a lightly sugared fork, press the dough to a ⅜-inch thickness, making a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
4. Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges are set, 10 to 12 minutes.
(I only did about 8 minutes!!) Cool to let set up on the baking sheets. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.